Mass Effect - Rebirth
Station boss and self-appointed agony aunt
Asari (Matron) Leader
XP X O O O O
Artemisia holds 1 over Siala
Daro holds 1 over Siala
Tyler Maddux 1
Jillian vas Idenna 2
- M-5 Phalanx Heavy Pistol (2-harm close loud)
- Light Armor (1-armor) (leather jacket with built-in light shield generator)
- Unedited maintenance map of the station
- One vial of blood sand
- ✓ +1 Cool (max +3)
- __ +1 Hard (max +3)
- ✓ +1 Hot (max +3)
- ✓ +1 Sharp (max +3)
- __ +1 Will (max +3)
+1 Species Move(Advance Wealth)
- ✓ +1 Class Move (Role Model)
- ✓ +1 Class Move (Tactical Acumen)
- __ +1 Personal Move
- ✓ +1 Personal Move (Contact Network)
- ✓ +1 Move from any list (Command)
Must have 5 advances from choices above before selecting those below
- ✓ +1 to any Stat (max +3) (Hot)
- __ retire your character to safety and create a new character
- ✓ create a second character to play, so now you’re playing two
- __ remove a debility
- ✓ choose 3 basic moves and advance them (Act Under Fire, Seduce or Manipulate, Aid or Hinder)
- __ choose 3 basic moves and advance them
- ✓ invent your own move, subject to GM approval, or +1 Move from any list (Inspiring Monologue)
Species – Natural Biotic: Choose one move from the Adept class list.
When you summon a singularity in battle, roll
+Will. On a 10+, spend 3, on a 7-9, spend 2. Spend 1 to name a GM character and pull them off their feet, disabling them for one tick. You may sustain your singularity in subsequent ticks of battle by successfully acting under fire in addition to any other action you take. A sustained singularity continues to disable those trapped in prior ticks of combat, and lets you spend 1 more each additional tick it’s sustained.
Leader – Paragon:
You have a reputation as a beacon of hope. When you share with another player’s character your vision and your methods, roll
+Will. On a 10+, hold 3 over them. On a 7-9, hold 2 over them. Whenever you like, you can spend your hold, 1 for 1, to have them mark experience, typically for taking actions that follow your example. On a miss, they hold 1 over you, on the same terms.
Leader – Tactical Acumen:
You look at every situation with a tactical eye, and are commonly prepared for most surprises. When you declare retroactively that you’ve already set something up, roll
+Cool. On a 10+ it’s just as you say. On a 7-9, you set it up but here at the crucial moment the GM can introduce some hitch or delay. On a miss, you set it up, but since then things you don’t know about have seriously changed.
Leader – Role Model:
When a character comes to you for advice, tell them what you honestly think the best course is. If they do it, they take +1 to any rolls they make in the doing, and you mark experience.
Leader – Command:
When you lead a gang into battle, roll
+Cool. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. Over the course of the fight, spend your hold 1 for 1 to make your gang:
- Make a hard advance
- Stand strong against a hard advance
- Make an organized retreat
- Show mercy to their defeated enemies
- Fight and die to the last
On a miss, your orders get misunderstood or garbled or otherwise confused.
2-harm gang medium 1-armor 4-shield Vulnerable: reprisals
- 2-harm gang small 1-armor +
- Your gang consists of two dozen hardened folks. Medium instead of small
- Your gang has access to shields or biotic barriers.
- Your gang is lax about security and likes to drink and brag. Vulnerable: reprisals
Personal – Wealth:
You have developed extensive investments and agents whose job it is to keep you in credits. At the beginning of the session, roll the appropriate stat (see below) to see how your fortune is faring. On a 10+, you have surplus on hand for your needs. On a 7-9, you have surplus, but choose one want. On a miss, your investments are in want. The GM will choose one or more. The precise values of your surplus and want are determined by creating your investments below.
Want: immobile, desperation, obligation, idle
You’ve invested in the underworld, or in networks that value face-time. Roll
+Hot at the beginning of the session, surplus: 1-Resources, want: shady
- Your investments are compact and well administered. Remove one want. (shady)
- You’ve invested in physical resources, perhaps a planet rich in minerals or a refinery. Surplus: +1Resources, want: immobile
- You’re a minor sharehold in another, larger organization. Surplus: +1Resources, want: obligation
- Your people have access to rare or specialized technology. Surplus: +1Resources, want: idle
Your investments are micromanaged and rely entirely on you for everything. Want: desperation
For advancement, you may cross off any unused advance to instead choose 2 new benefits, or take 1 new benefit and remove 1 weakness.
Personal – Contact Network:
You have developed an extensive network of allies and contacts who can provide help or resources in a pinch. When you take this move, choose one:
Your contacts respect your allure or forceful personality. Roll
+Hot when contacting them.
At the beginning of the session, or as soon thereafter as you are in a position to do so, you may contact your network and roll the appropriate stat. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. You may spend your hold anytime during that session, 1 for 1, to:
- Get something done: find one or more contacts to accomplish an off-screen task
- Lean on someone: convince a character as if you’d rolled a 10+ on seduce or manipulate
- Gather intel: learn something about a subject as if you’d rolled a 10+ on consult training
- Analyze intel: gain access to the insight peripheral move for one course of action
- Borrow Resources: gain temporary access to an item, piece of equipment, or service
On a miss, your network needs a favor in return. Lose access to this move until you satisfy them.
Special – Mistress of the Station:
At the beginning of the session roll
+Will. On a 10+, hold 2. On a 7-9, hold 1. You may spend your hold at any time during the session, 1 for 1, to:
- Be suddenly in the right place at the right time
- Invent some detail of the station or its operations that is suddenly very useful
- Summon a spontaneous gang (small 2-harm 1-armor) anywhere within your station, or temporarily increase the size of a gang you already command by one category
Custom – Inspiring Monologue:
When you have time and intimacy with an NPC, or at least enough time to make an impassioned speech, you can share your views and ideology with them. Roll
+Will. On a 10+, hold 2, on a 7-9, hold 1. You can spend your hold at any time, 1 for 1, to make this NPC:
- Show mercy to a foe
- Cease acting aggressively towards others, or order his or her underlings to stand down
- Take a potentially dangerous political stance in favor of mercy or freedom
- Cooperate with a person the NPC finds distasteful
- Cooperate with you on a single action, unless doing so would cause them great personal cost
Talaria station upgrades:
Command & communication center for coordinating ship traffic as well as crisis response
Backup exosuits in the event of life support failure
Rudimentary alarm system on entry of unauthorized personnel to sensitive areas
As is typical for an asari matron of approximately 400, Siala Jonis has given up her wandering ways and retired to nest and raise her children. Atypically for an asari matron of approximately 400, her ‘nest’ is a refueling station orbiting the planet Imorkan and her ‘children’ are a gang of sometimes unruly dockworkers and assorted other ne’er-do-wells (perhaps occasionally-do-wells). She knows every inch of the station intimately. She believes she knows its crew just as well.