Mass Effect - Rebirth
You are someone who prefers to get their way through discussion and negotiation rather than violence. That isn’t to say you’re a pacifist. The threat of violence can often be an excellent negotiation strategy.
At character creation, choose 1 Diplomat Class move
When you speak passionately to a crowd, roll
+Hot. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. At any time, you can spend your hold 1 for 1 to have the mob:
- Bring people forward and deliver them.
- Bring forward their precious things.
- Unite and fight for you as a gang.
- Fall into a frenzy of uninhibited emotion (your choice as to what emotion)
- Go quietly back to their lives
On a miss, the mob turns on you.
“What’s That Over There?”
Name your escape route and roll
+Hot. On a 10+, you’re gone. On a 7-9, you can go or stay, but if you go it costs you: leave something behind, or take something with you, the GM will tell you what. On a miss, you’re caught vulnerable, half in and half out.
Fingers in Every Pie
Put out the word that you want a thing – could be a person, could be somethin’ somethin’, could even be just a thing – and roll
+Hot. On a 10+, it shows up for you remarkably quickly. On a 7-9, well, your people make an effort and everybody wants to please you and close is close, right? On a miss, it shows up for you with strings wicked attached.
When you lean on someone, roll
+Hard. On 10+, they comply with your demands without argument. On 7-9, they comply, but (choose 1):
- They look for payback
- They do only the bare minimum
- They tell someone else what you wanted
When you collect gossip about someone important (your call), roll
+Hot. On a hit, you can ask the GM questions. On a 10+, ask 3. On a 7-9, ask 1:
- How are they doing? What’s up with them?
- What or who do they love best?
- Who do they know, like and/or trust?
- When next should I expect to see them?
- How could I get to them, physically or emotionally?
You are known as a ruthless badass who will do whatever it takes, and who prefers to negotiate from a “position of strength.” When you go aggro on someone you may use
+Hot instead of
When you meet someone important (your call), roll
+Hot. On a hit, they’ve heard of you, and you say what they’ve heard; the GM will have them respond accordingly. On a 10+, you take
+1forward for dealing with them as well. On a miss, they’ve heard of you, but the GM will decide what they’ve heard.
When you seize by force you may dominate a fight through sheer personality instead of a weapon. Roll
+Hot instead of
+Hard, but replace the option to “do terrible harm” with the following line:
- You inflict (2-shock close area inherent) instead of weapon damage
The Eyes Betray the Heart
When you are alone with someone and get a hit on read a person you may add the following to the list of available questions:
- What do you love or hate the most
- What secret would you never tell anyone but me