Mass Effect - Rebirth
Omega Coalition Member, daughter of Aria.
Light Armor 1
Species Move: Alluring
Alluring: You immediately advance the seduce or manipulate Basic Move. You now have a new result on a roll of 12+.
Seduce or Manipulate
When you seduce or manipulate somebody, roll
+Hot. For NPCs, on a hit, they ask for something before they do what you want, and if you promise, they’ll do it. On a 10+, keeping that promise is optional. On a 7-9, they need some concrete assurance now. For PCs, on a 10+, both, on a 7-9, choose 1:
- If they do it, they mark experience.
- If they don’t, they’re acting under fire.
Advanced: On a 12+, only if they’re an NPC, they do it, and furthermore you change their nature. Choose one of the following; tell the GM to erase their threat type altogether and write it in instead.
- ally: friend (impulse: to back you up)
- ally: lover (impulse: to give you shelter & comfort)
- ally: right hand (impulse: to follow through on your intentions)
- ally: representative (impulse: to pursue your interests in your absence)
- ally: guardian (impulse: to intercept danger)
- ally: confidante (impulse: to give you advice, perspective, or absolution)
Class Move: Staggering Charisma
When you seize by force you may dominate a fight through sheer personality instead of a weapon. Roll
+Hot instead of
+Hard, but replace the option to “do terrible harm” with the following line:
- you inflict (2-shock close area inherent) instead of weapon damage
Class Move: Renegade
You are known as a ruthless badass who will do whatever it takes, and who prefers to negotiate from a “position of strength.” When you go aggro on someone you may use
+Hot instead of
Personal Move: Will to Succeed
When you act under fire roll
+Will instead of roll
Personal Move; Merciless (Advancement 1)
When you do harm, do +1harm
Species Move/Natural Biotic: Reave (Advancement 2)
You can reach out with your biotics to Reave a character as if the power was a weapon (2-harm close implanted). When you successfully attack with Reave choose 1:
- Your harm gains the ap tag
- Heal 1-harm on yourself
- Your harm gains the tags disruptor and anti-barrier
Personal Move; Contact Network (Advancement 3)
You have developed an extensive network of allies and contacts who can provide help or resources in a pinch. When you take this move, choose one:
Your contacts respect your allure or forceful personality. Roll
+Hot when contacting them.
At the beginning of the session, or as soon thereafter as you are in a position to do so, you may contact your network and roll the appropriate stat. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. You may spend your hold anytime during that session, 1 for 1, to:
- Get something done: find one or more contacts to accomplish an off-screen task.
- Lean on someone: convince a character as if you’d rolled a 10+ on seduce or manipulate.
- Gather intel: learn something about a subject as if you’d rolled a 10+ on consult training.
- Analyze intel: gain access to the insight peripheral move for one course of action.
- Borrow Resources: gain temporary access to an item, piece of equipment, or service.
On a miss, your network needs a favor in return. Lose access to this move until you satisfy them.
Class move: Demagogue (Advancement 4)
When you speak passionately to a crowd, roll
+Hot. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. At any time, you can spend your hold 1 for 1 to have the mob:
- Bring people forward and deliver them.
- Bring forward their precious things.
- Unite and fight for you as a gang.
- Fall into a frenzy of uninhibited emotion (your choice as to what emotion).
- Go quietly back to their lives.
On a miss, the mob turns on you.
When you have time and solitude with someone, they become fixated upon you. Roll
+Hot. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. They can spend your hold, 1 for 1, by:
- giving you something you want
- acting as your eyes and ears
- fighting to protect you
- doing something you tell them to
For NPC’s, while you have hold over them, they can’t act against you. For PCs, instead, any time you like you can spend your hold, 1 for 1:
- they distract themselves with the thought of you. They’re
- They inspire themselves with the thought of you. They’re
The Ardat-Yakshi may spend all of her hold at any time where she has physical intimacy with the subject to do harm equal to twice the hold spent (ap, ignores shields and barriers). This harm is neurological and rarely manifests in an obvious fashion to an onlooker. If the harmed character dies, the Ardat-Yakshi marks experience.
- Shotgun [DT special] (3-harm, close, autofire, hi-tech, disruptor)
- M-5 Phalanx pistol (2-harm, close, loud)
- Weapon: Songblade (2-harm close loud messy guided).
- Light armor (leather jacket over business suit, hooded evening coat.)
- Bio-Amp +2
- Connection: Forgers and ID hackers on Omega
- Small, secure bolt hole on Omega, behind Fortune’s Den in an abandoned stairway landing long ago sealed over after a renovation. It’s maybe 10’ x 10’ x 8’ high, with a blanket, some rations, water, a change of clothing (maintenance jumpsuit) and spare clips for the M-5. Aria doesn’t even know it’s there, and the Volus who did is dead.
- Resources 1
Artemesia T’Karia +2
Daro Tas +3
Lily Asada +1
Nova Noir +2
(Wyatt Carson +1)
2 hold AY move: Silana
1 hold AY move: Kallista
3 hold AY move: Gillian vas Idenna
3 hold AY move: Tyler Maddox
3 hold AY move: Morrilea Sophel, Omega Council liason/interpreter to the Insuannon
Pre-game advance: Hot +1 (GM reward)
1st Advance- Personal Move: Merciless
2nd Advance- Species Move: Natural Biotic/Reave
3rd Advance- Personal Move: Contact Network
4th Advance- Class Move: Demagogue