Mass Effect - Rebirth
You are a skilled combatant. Whether you are a trained soldier or just grew up hard on the streets of Omega, you are particularly good at hurting or killing people.
At character creation, choose 1 Soldier move:
When you act under fire, roll
+Hard instead of roll
In battle, you count as a small gang with harm and armor appropriate to your equipment and moves.
When you declare that you are using Concussive Shot with a weapon and then inflict harm, choose 1:
- You do
-1harmbut you automatically create an opportunity as if you had hit 7-9 on follow through on someone else’s move.
- You do
-1harmbut add 2-shock.
- You destroy 2-barrier on the target.
When you inflict harm, you can choose to inflict any amount of harm you like, less than or up to your harm as established, including reducing the harm to shock. Decide at the moment you inflict the harm; you need not tell anyone in advance how much harm you intend to inflict.
When you go into battle wearing armor with an on-board shield generator, roll
+Hard. On a 10+, gain
+2-shield, on a 7-9, gain
+1-shield. This bonus lasts the entire battle, and refreshing your shield will include the bonus. At any time during the battle you may purge the foucault currents through your gauntlets for increased melee damage. Inflict
+1harm (ap) in melee per point of intact shield purged (you can purge your entire shield rating if you wish). Not compatible with Barrier or Tech Armor.
When you stand your ground against overwhelming odds, roll
+Hard. On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7-9, choose 1:
- You create an opportunity for others (your call) to escape.
- You get
+1ongoingfor as long as you continue to stand your ground.
- Your position is counted as secure for as long as you choose to hold it.
- You do not give the GM 1 hold over you
When you seize by force with a ranged weapon, you may add the following options to that move’s list:
- damage or destroy a specific body part or held item
- create an opportunity and immediately follow up on it
- disable them, convert all harm to shock
When unarmed, you can choose to either inflict (2-shock intimate/hand inherent) or (1-harm intimate/hand inherent) with just your fists, feet, or forehead. You also inflict
+1harm in melee.
Packing All Kinds of Heat:
When you go into battle, choose one of the following:
- You’ve loaded incendiary ammunition. Add the (burn) tag to your attacks.
- You’ve loaded armor-piercing ammunition. Add the (ap) tag to your attacks.
- You’ve loaded disruptor ammunition. Add the (disruptor) tag to your attacks.
During battle, you can change your ammunition loadout on the fly, but you have to act under fire in order to do so.