Mass Effect - Rebirth
All characters have five stats:
Each stat is largely narrative – it represents how well you do a certain range of things, rather than a specific trait. Your “Hard” may be the stat most associated with kicking ass and taking names, but how that particular ass-kicking manifests is largely to your discretion.
Stats range from -2 to +3, with an average stat being 0. A score of +1 or higher represents noticeably above-average abilities.
Stats are determined through a simple point-buy system, as follows:
- You have 5 points to distribute at your discretion.
- All stats begin at +0.
- A stat of +1 costs 1 point
- a stat of +2 costs 3 points
- a stat of +3 costs 6 points
- A stat of -1 gives you 1 extra point
- a stat of -2 gives you 3 extra points.
Each Class tends to favor one of these stats above the others. Pay attention to your class’s area of specialty when buying stats.